Friday, November 18, 2011

Clearly Inspired Challenge # 40 - Flowers

Hello and welcome to 
Clear Dollar Stamps, 
Clearly Inspired Challenge #40.

The challenge this time was to use a flower image.
I used the Chrysanthemum FOM for November
 (released in September of this year).

I wanted to so something a little
 different with this card.
I used the paragraph about the flower
 as my main image in the design.
To accomodate this large image - 
I made a card that will fit into a #10 business envelope.

I distressed the paper with distress ink
 in Antique Linen and Tea dye. 
I distressed the oval a little heavier so that
 the white would show up better. 
I've always loved white mums - 
they look so pretty for the holidays!
I then colored with colored pencil blended 
with mineral spirits.

I hope you will join us in this fun challenge!
Show us your flowers!


SPECIAL NOTE:
We will be having a
Blog Hop on Tuesday, November 22, 
in honor of Katie Renz, 
who sadly passed away from gastric cancer.
Katie was a huge part of our design team. 
It was under her watch that 
the Tuesday Tutorial blog posts were created!


Katie will be greatly missed by
 the stamping community!


I hope you will join us on this 
special tribute to Katie!
See you then!
Barb

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Very very lovely, Barb. I like the idea of a card that can fit into a business sized envelope :)

Shell said...

Nicely done. I love the size of the card and the colors you used. :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card Barb, I like your different size/shape!